Then I start feeling the pressure of having fabulous and fancy family photos taken soon...you know, the photo cards that your friends open up and say "WOW that is a great photo!"
Moms, I know you know what I'm talking about. What are the kids going to wear? Where are we going to take pictures? When can I fit all this in my over-scheduled schedule? How am I going to get everyone looking at the camera? What props can I use?
As a procrastinator (I haven't even ordered the Halloween costumes yet. que: gasping) , I am here to give you some stress free tips!
- Have a family photo illustrated. I found a watercolor artist on etsy that had a fun and whimsical vibe. The photo was taken by a family friend way before the holidays.
- Too busy for Christmas Cards? DO a New Year Card with New Year greetings.
- Have your child's artwork be your holiday card.
- Forgo the traditional family portrait and make it fun.
- Still want a traditional Holiday Card but not finding any holiday clothing you like without spending $$$$? For girls: Pair a dress you already own with a vibrant fall-colored tight like mustard, hunter green. This will make your picture pop. For boys: putting on a sweater (building layers) will instantly warm up the photo. OR ...call me:)